Thursday, April 29, 2010

Help me CELEBRATE!

Help me celebrate the finishing of another painting!

Here she is...

Contemplation



She was inspired by The Lamp by Mary Cassatt. Cassatt's was an etching print rather than a painting, but I still liked the subject matter and design. So, I went with it!



And I have to thank Dre, Kiel,and Josue for all their critiques on this one. I was anxious to finish and they helped me through a marathon 10 hours straight of painting to get it done. I was drained and excited at the same time. I couldn't have pulled it off without them.

As usual, leave a comment for a chance at a set of art cards. You have until Cinco De Mayo to leave a comment, then I'll use Random.org to choose a winner. And check out the cards at www.cedarcityartisans.com. I have some new ones up!

Thanks for sharing this moment with me!

~K

5 comments:

JennyO said...

Again, I think you are amazing! I don't have enough patience to do what you do! I love all your work!

Rachel Hope said...

It came out Great! Love the details you worked so hard on...they really make the difference!

Dolly said...

Fantastic Karen!! Absolutely beautiful work:) You are so talented-thanks for sharing the whole process of this.

Grandma D said...

You really captured the mood of your inspirational pic. Amuch more relatible person and time, the feeling so universal. I also felt that I could reach down and pick up the remote and change the music if I wanted.
Brava!

Debbie R said...

The painting turned out great! It looks just like me. I have forwarded your blog address to a bunch of family and friends, and they all agree. You're amazing! Thanks for including me in this series - it was a lot of fun modeling. Keep up the good work! I will check back later to see the next masterpiece.